Waxing is done to remove any and all of that unwanted body hair by spreading a thin coat of wax over your skin. Then, a paper strip or a cloth is pressed on top of it and ripped off with a quick motion against the direction of your hair growth. Men and women, both need occasional waxing which is an affordable long-lasting method of temporary hair removal. Hair in waxed areas will not grow back for weeks (two to eight) and the areas that are repeatedly waxed often exhibit less re-growth or a softer one. Your hair removal will be performed in a timely manner and we will make sure that it is as comfortable as possible. Shaving less will save you time and unwanted cuts and you’ll have the peace of mind that your hair will be gone for longer!
- Eyebrow, chin, lip, and sideburn waxing can be performed in 10-15 min appointment times or added to the allotted hour of an AT of Facial.
- Facial waxes can only be performed if the patient has not been using Retinols within one week.
- Patients cannot receive a chemical peel on the same day of waxing or laser.
- A skin care sheet and consent form can be drafted to educate our patients on the procedures so there is a lower risk of burning, scarring, pigmentation, etc.
Following Waxing Procedures You Should:
- Apply a sunblock with at least an SPF of 15
- Avoid use of a loofah or other abrasive treatment to the waxed area
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, or other heat sources
- Avoid application of Retin-A, Renova, or AHA’s for at least 48 hours.